Search This Blog

Thursday, October 5, 2017

Seattle (in the sun!)

 We opted for the train transfer at the end of our Alaskan cruise. We departed Seward around 7 AM and arrived in Anchorage, Alaska's capital, a few hours later. Very scenic and a great way to transfer. The train drops right at the airport. Simple.

I learned on my operational site visit last July that the red eye home (the only option if you can't depart ANC first thing in the AM) is pretty brutal.
We realized we could get to Seattle at a decent hour, and neither of us had been there. So, we opted for a quick overnight visit to Seattle, before continuing our journey back home to the east coast.


 We stayed at Pineapple Five, a lovely boutique hotel not far from all the major Seattle attractions, including Pike Place.


 More seafood....of course.





I am not a huge coffee fan (perhaps sacreligious, I know) but we did walk by the original Starbucks. It was Saturday AM and the line was wrapped around the block; good thing I didn't have my heart set on a venti latte.

Seattle, known for being gray and rainy, was sunny and spectacular. We had a great 18 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment